Batch Shipyard Configuration
This page contains details on how to configure Batch Shipyard. Note that configuration files can be either in YAML or JSON format, although YAML format is utilized in the examples and recipes.
Batch Shipyard is driven by the following configuration files:
- Credentials - credentials for Azure Batch, Storage, KeyVault, Management and Docker private registries
- Global config - Batch Shipyard and Docker-specific configuration settings
- Pool - Batch Shipyard pool configuration
- Jobs - Batch Shipyard jobs and tasks configuration
- RemoteFS - Batch Shipyard remote filesystem configuration. This configuration is entirely optional unless using the remote filesystem capabilities of Batch Shipyard.
- Monitoring - Batch Shipyard resource monitoring configuration. This configuration is entirely optional unless using the resource monitoring capabilities of Batch Shipyard.
- Federation - Batch Shipyard federation proxy configuration. This configuration is entirely optional unless using the federation capabilities of Batch Shipyard.
- Slurm - Batch Shipyard Slurm configuration. This configuration is entirely optional unless using the Slurm on Batch capabilities of Batch Shipyard.
Note that all potential properties are described here and that specifying all such properties may result in invalid configuration as some properties may be mutually exclusive. Please read the following document carefully when crafting your configuration files.
Each property is marked with required or optional. Properties marked with experimental should be considered as features for testing only. Properties are hierarchical in nature. If the parent is an optional property but a child is marked required, then the child property need only be specified if the parent is specified.
Example config templates can be found in this directory of the repository. Note that templates contain every possible property and may be invalid if specified as such. They must be modified for your execution scenario. All sample recipe also have a set of configuration files that can be modified to fit your needs.
Batch Shipyard Usage
Continue on to Batch Shipyard Usage.